Aged care has its own language and so we are here to interpret for you. You will hear about RADs (Refundable Accommodation Deposits) and DAPs (Daily Accommodation Payments). Fees seem to be where ever you turn. So whilst we cannot ease the stress of moving someone into aged care we can ease the burden by:
- Giving you the options to consider and the projected outcomes so you can make a decision. This often centres around whether to keep or rent out the home or sell it.
- Structuring the cost of care whilst best suits you.
- Looking at ways of decreasing the cost of ongoing care if possible.
- Maximising government benefits.
- Doing the paperwork for Centrelink, DVA and the aged care facility.
So as long as you have the ACAT assessment (the medical report from the Aged Care Assessment Team), we can start the journey.