Market Wrap Monthly Update
- The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) kept rates on hold in September, but cut the cash rate on 1 October 2019 by 25 basis points (bps) to 0.75%.
- September saw interest rate markets stage a solid sell-off, with higher yields and 10 Year yields up by 30-50 bp.
- The Australian dollar (AUD) and the United States dollar (USD) briefly hit a 10-year low in early September.
- Dwelling prices rose by 1.1% across the eight capital cities in September.
- AUD credit delivered negative returns as yields rose.
- Equities markets were positive, although volatile.
- Agricultural commodities were generally stronger over the month as the drought continues.